|
Sunday, June 12, 2011 @ 00:34
BOOO!
Oh manz, haven't been here in sucha lonnnngggggg time! Nearly forgotten about its existence. Just came back from OCIP Phuong Thinh on Monday. I rly rly miss it and I'm glad to say that I did not regret going on this trip. This trip, which seemed very disorganized at first, turned out to be alot more productive than what everyone expected of it. From teaching the children to drying rice in the rice field, I experienced many firsts in this trip. It was my first time being in a village. It was nice experiencing the village lifestyle, because it's rly different from that in Singapore. It was my first time teaching. The children were rly enthusiastic and responsive, which made the lesson successful I think :D It was my first time washing the (disgusting) toilet and dishes. Ahhhh bad memory but I guess it was a good opportunity for me to step out of my comfort zone, and do sth I would never ever do back in Singapore. It was my first time playing taiti. Hahaha thanks to my other four fellow pigs, I FINALLY learnt how to play taiti! It was my first time carrying a child. MY GODSON -hearts- He's super duper cutez!!! I'm so glad I got the chance to meet him! It was my first time sleeping under a mosquito net. Haha sleeping was not as bad as I thought, in fact it was quite cooling at night! It was my first time in Vietnam, and I think their language is rly cool just that its very confusing and thus hard to learn :/ The best I know is XIN CHAO! Haha It was my first time drying rice. Its rly damnnnnn cool the rice look like sand from far and the job is not as easy as it seems. Srsly respect those working in the rice field. It was my first time changing all my clothes in an open area hahahaha wts. The last day after culture night/children's day celebration rly damn dark so we all didn't dare to bathe! So we all helped each other changed in the dark, damn dangerousss la wth. It was my first time painting walls. School refurbishment was fun! Painting was fun :D Hm that's all I can think about now. May update again soon. I rly miss the Vietnamese volunteers and kids and company (pigs!) there!!! Imma go back there next time. Must do econs now :( BLOCKS SCHEDULED RIGHT AFTER A MONTH'S HOLIDAY SUXXXX :(((
|
Profile
Tagboard
Links
C2gang'06 109'07 209'08 Aout4 BenPaul Cathy Claudia Christina Elissa Hannah JiaminH Junqi Kailin Lydia Sher-yin Sheryl Vanessa Yunge Zhermin Zhiyuan 林倢名 彭紹安 許祐瑄 敖師云 徐翠文 陳馨瑜 張晉泓 Credits
|